Thursday, November 13, 2014

How Fargo (the Movie) Restored my Faith in Humanity (Really!)

As the weather gets cold outside, I tucked myself in to watch a random movie off of my Amazon Prime list. And it turned out to be Fargo, a Coen brothers classic.

As the movie began, I started to see how this was a dark comedy. I expected to just be impressed at the movie's storyline, while feeling bad about how it ended up.

But NOPE. It gave me a warm smile. After seeing a movie almost entirely covered in snow, I never could have expected that.

I hope there aren't any spoilers, but if there are, you have been warned.

The movie ends with the detective, Marge Gunderson, snuggled in bed with her husband. First of all, seeing a husband take care of his wife like he did throughout the movie (making her eggs early in the morning and buying her lunch and eating with her instad of focusing on his paintings) made me feel warm already, but at the end when they talk about how they're doing and how excited they are about having a baby (I know it's not much, but those two lines pretty much sum up how they're feeling), it brought together such a great ending to such a sad movie, which was all about getting more money.

This family was fine where they were, versus everyone else (maybe except for the Grandfather and son). It was a weird but heart-warming ending, especially when the weather and world looked so bleak. I just can't wait to see how the kid is when it's grown up.

Also, the people acted so nicely. Being from New York, it's rare to see people that nice. The accent was something to behold. It was (math equation time) Canadian + German - "aye" after every sentence. I loved it.

What movie made you feel warm inside?

No comments:

Post a Comment