Sunday, January 10, 2016

There's more to Neverland than you think

I love the fact that Peter Pan's story can never end. It's just something so reassuring that no matter what I do, the story just continues. It's like a story I can never conclude. This is something so different than all of my other stories, that have story arcs and beginnings with consequential endings.

That's why I love writing about Neverland. Not because my interpretation could be lost to the sands of time, but rather that the story only can get enhanced by other people's takes on the source material, not "ruined", like what some nostalgic folk tend to say.

Even though "Pan" didn't do well, I still applaud them for their artistic vision and effort. It looked really good to see such imagination go to work on something that nice.

That being said, I have a big surprise for all of you!

The sequel for Second to the Right has begun. It will be called...

PETER PAN AND THE LOST !! (not in capital letters like that, but you get the point)

Hopefully it will be finished for the planned July 2017 release, but at least I started the character studies for all of the main characters (i.e. a chance for me to hone my drawing skills a bit before the writing) and the first chapter has been written in the first draft. Hopefully I'll get a lot done over the week or so of break that I have. I won't share it yet but I am extremely excited to show you what I have.
I know that the original book took 4 years to write, but let's see what I can do...

Thanks for the support y'all. SEE YOU IN THE SUNLIGHT!!

-Zach

No comments:

Post a Comment